Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: hospital question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member neweyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2006
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone know if the price listed on the hospital admission form for limb replacement ($29.00) is per limb or is this for all limbs?

    I have a doll that has extremely bad hair and also permanent marker on arms and legs. If I pay for a head replacement and tell them that it is okay to replace other parts for free...will they replace the lims with the marker on them for free? Or will they do it and charge me for it? I don't really want to pay for a new head and $29 per limb.

    any advice is welcome!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2006
    Posts
    218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that new limbs is actually $38.00 for all four limbs. Limb tightening is $29 for all four. Have you tried Oxy10 on the marks?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If your doll's hair hasn't been cut, and doesn't have large patches of it missing, then it may be possible to restore it with re-conditioning at home--starting with the "Downy Dunk"--read more about it here--

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=4288869625

    As for the marks on her limbs, you can remove those yourself with Oxy10 acne lotion--just cover the marks with the lotion, and set the doll under a lamp or in a sunny window (the heat and light help activate the bleach in the lotion--and don't forget to protect her hair, so the heat doesn't damage it further)for several hours, or overnight. Wipe off the lotion--if the marks aren't gone, they will probably be improved. Repeat the treatment until the marks are gone--it can take several days or even a couple of weeks, depending on how deeply the ink has sunk into the vinyl, so be patient. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Good luck, and let us know how she turns out! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    If you have any more questions, just ask--we're a helpful bunch! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member neweyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2006
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the suggestions ladies, this particular doll has a 'tattoo' the size of a quarter on one arm, nailpolish on all fingers and toes, and other misc sharpie marks. I can't imagine how long it would take to get the tattoo removed.

    Does anyone know the hospital charge to only replace two limbs?

    Also, has anyone ever sent a doll in for a new head and had them replace limbs at the same time for free? Just curious.

    Thanks for your help!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't have an answer for you about the limbs being replaced, but I did just use the Oxy 10 treatment and it removed ink (there was a lot of it) in just a couple of days. I bought the generic Oxy10 and it was less than $2. I was skeptical at first, but I'm a firm believer in it now! You might want to give it try, I'm so glad I did.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member neweyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2006
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Will that also remove the nail polish?

  7. #7
    Naomi_S
    Guest Naomi_S's Avatar

    Post

    I sent in a doll for a new arm and they replaced all four for the $29. I think it includes all four limbs. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    I seriously doubt they would replace the limbs if you just paid for a head replacement.

  8. #8
    Shardae
    Guest Shardae's Avatar

    Post

    I've used nail polish remover on My Little Ponies to get some stains out. I imagine it would work on an AG doll to remove the polish. Just be sure to rinse her off well afterwards.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nail polish...I've read of people using non-acetone remover to get it off of dolls. Makes me a little worried, personally...I'd only try that as a last resort. Have you tried Magic Eraser on the nail polish? Don't know if that would work, either, but worth a try!

    So what doll is this and where did you get her....you know I'm dying to know the latter in case there are any more lying about locally who need rehab, LOL!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The hospital charges the same, whether it's one limb being replaced, or all 4--I checked with Customer Service awhile back.

    If you use NON-ACETONE nail polish remover, it will take off the nail polish--just be sure NOT to use the regular kind, or it will damage the vinyl.

    As for the "tattoo", I'd just give it a good baking-soda scrub first of all, and then Oxy10 it for a few days. I think your results will be encouraging enough to continue the treatment until it's gone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    It would be worth a try to me--Just think of all the hospital fees AND shipping it could save! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Good luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •